Friday 9 April 2010

Living in Greece

Hello there!

My name is Carol. I immigrated to the UK - the land of my birth – in 2006, after spending a lifetime in South Africa. I had a serious health scare and it’s funny how something like makes you reassess your priorities isn’t it? It took me a very short time to realise that I wanted to be nearer both my children and their families in London and so I packed my bags, left behind me a wonderful job and many close friends to move here.

Anyway, as luck would have it, my daughter had a friend who was relocating to New York so I moved into her lovely flat for a while. Another friend of my daughter’s bore my CV off to her child’s school where it was picked up by my present boss’s wife…and here I have happily beavered away at The Overseas Guides Company ever since! My friends in SA were disbelieving at first: could it be true that I had a job that entailed visiting, writing about and endlessly discussing the country that I truly love – Greece? And they call that WORK?

Part of my job has been to travel abroad, to have a look at various property options and to meet all the property professionals that many of the OGC readers have come to use and rely upon. Crete, Corfu, the Peloponnese, Aegina, Athens...those are just a few of the places that I visited and established contacts that could offer OGC readers assistance.

I have talked to literally hundreds of folk who are taking the plunge and moving to Greece. I have also contributed to the Greece Property Buying Guide and it struck me that it may just be useful for me to share with you what I have learnt, both from my own personal experiences and from what I have picked up from listening to the many concerns, experiences and tales shared with me on a daily basis by OGC readers.

So do join me weekly as I chat about various aspects of visiting Greece with a view to buying property or indeed just to share a few thoughts on the country that I have been visiting for well over forty years. You never know, there may just be something that will help you, inspire you or just plain bring a smile to your face!
www.greecebuyingguide.com

No comments:

Post a Comment